I enjoy seeing how orthodontic care affects my patients in such positive ways. Due to the nature of dental development, many of my patients are adolescents who are in the midst of maturing into young adults. Over the years, I have discovered that their self-esteem and how they perceive themselves is closely knit to what they see in the mirror. The orthodontic services I am able to provide to my patients result in aesthetically pleasing, healthy smiles. It is very exciting to see my patients gain pride and confidence, and in this way, I am grateful for the opportunities to affect peoples' lives in such a positive way.
- Lowell High School
- University of California, Berkley - Bachelors degree in Biochemistry
- UCLA School of Dentistry - Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco - Orthodontic Residency
I am dedicated to the health and well-being of my patients. The field of orthodontics is constantly advancing and I continually update my training through classes, seminars, and keeping involved in the greater dental community.
Activities and Awards in the Community and Dentistry
- Chairman, San Francisco Dental Society, Committee on Community Dental Health
- Project Homeless Connect, San Francisco Dental Society Coordinator and Lead
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Dental Society
- 2009, California Dental Association, Volunteer of the Year
- 2004, Recognized by the San Francisco Health Commission, "Making a Difference in Children's Dental Health"
- Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy, International Dental Honor Society (inducted 2006)
- Fellow, International College of Dentists (inducted 2011)
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF School of Dentistry
Outside of the office, I enjoy spending time with my wife and two sons. I've spent many years coaching baseball, basketball and soccer, as well as running our local Cub Scout Pack. When I have the chance, I love to travel, cook, play golf and tennis. Spectator sports are a passion of mine and I'm a HUGE Giants fan!